Tuesday, October 16, 2007

How cute is this dessert?



We love those chocolate oranges that come out around Christmas time, so when I saw this recipe, I thought it would be worth a try! Yummy and fun too!

Frozen Orange & Ice Cream Jack O' Lanterns
(One gallon of ice cream makes 24 individual desserts.Adjust amounts according to what you need. )

24 navel oranges

1 gallon dark chocolate or fudge ice cream


Cut off the top of the oranges and gently hollow out the pulp,
leaving a thick shell; hollow pulp out of cut-off tops too.


Carefully cutJack-O'Lantern faces into each orange.


Freeze hollowed shells for at least 1 hour.


Pack scoops of ice cream into frozen shells, avoiding letting the icecream ooze out of eyes or mouth.


Set tops back on over the ice cream.


Freeze for at least 3 hours or until serving time.

3 comments:

Paula said...

What a fun recipe! Was it easy to carve the oranges without breaking them? This would be so fun for a halloween party!

Susie Q said...

This is one of the cutest things I have ever seen! I think Grace and I will have to try this!

Have a sweet day dear Terri!

Hugs,
Sue

Heidi said...

This is such a cute idea. I have to try this for Halloween day as a treat for Jos.

Okay, wait for me.....I love IKEA as you know and would love to go with you. I cannot wait to see your craft room. I am slowly organizing mine again. Oh the mess!

Hugs ~
Heidi