Thursday, November 02, 2006

Mama Anger!!! GRRRRRR


My children are new to this school district. Though my husband and I discussed homeschooling them, in the end we elected to put them in the public school.
Now we are having bulling issues. My middle boy has already gotten in trouble for getting into a fight with one boy who has harassed him since day one. The school recognized that Jim didn't start the fight, but because he had the opportunity to walk away and chose to stand and fight he was punished too. That boy hasn't bothered my child since.
There's another child now. He has flushed Jimmy's papers. Thrown his coat into a tree. Punched him. Tried to steal his things. Called him filty names. He was "spoken too" once. I caught the tail end of an incident when I went to pick Jim up on Friday. I told the child we would be reporting him to the principal on Monday.
My husband has been phoning the principal office for TWO days and not had his calls returned. So, after 2 days back at school with no punishment or even comment by an adult, what do you suppose is going on in that bully's head??? He was back at it yesterday. Calling Jim names.
I am so angry I could spit nails. I have sent a note in to the principal today demanding action. I believe we will be complaining to the school board as well. And if there is even ONE more incident......ewwwwwwwwwww someone is going to be in BIG trouble.
They will be sorry they ever met this hillybilly Mama!!!!

1 comment:

Gena said...

Hi Terri, I love your blog! I am going to make those cheese straws they sound yummy!
Bullying...hmm I know how that feels, I was bullied as a child and I vowed I would never let it happen to one of mine, but of course it is out of our control, and happen it did,Like you I was just furious and I was up at that school like a raging Lioness until it got sorted, and it did. Hang in there Terri...nobody messes with our babies!