Wednesday, December 21, 2005

simplifying

I have recently become interested in learning more about simplifying my life. I think that one reason I feel stressed out at times, is because of just plain having too much going on. This week has been typical of that....what with Joe out of town and needing me to run errands for him, getting ready for Christmas, meeting with teachers and running children to concerts and scout meetings. My own agenda has to fit in there somewhere and that includes a new exercise regime and my volunteer work, not to mention housekeeping, cooking and church!
How wonderful it would be to have a prolonged "snowday", where one couldn't get out and therefore could enjoy some quiet relaxation among one's family. Simple meals and gentle, television-less evenings. To me, that sounds heavenly!
Maybe that's what I'll ask my family for for Christmas this year!

No comments: