Thursday, June 10, 2010

What I do all day.


Our new little "oasis" It is such a wonderful place to relax!

I was looking back at my "recent" posts. I am not blogging as much as I used to. It's not that I haven't anything to say. It's more that what I find interesting and worth spending time on...well, who else would think it was worth reading about?

For example, I bought 12 feeder gold fish and put them in the pond. With time and a little luck they could grow to be a foot long! Can you imagine?? They are so beautiful swimming around there. Once they get used to it, they will come up to the top when the see me because they will want to be fed.

I am having the damnedest time weeding the "old" part of the garden. Since much of it is in permanent plantings now, I am considering weed cloth and mulch. It would save time and help my plantings grow better (no competition, you see)

A month or so ago I was asked to be on our local library board. I have only been to 2 meetings, but it makes me so happy to be able to support something I love so much!

I am waiting for a period of time when it is not going to rain, to try out the new Behr paint on an outside wall of the house. In the reviews I have read, the pros hate it and the DIYers love it!
I want to see for myself.

They attic is cleaned up and so is the basement. And the mudroom. Joe is working on getting that garage organized. It's so much easier when you know where things are and your spaces aren't clutterd by so much junk.

Then there's the cooking the cleaning the running children places. It's all very time consuming and important in my life, but not particularily interesting.

I guess many folks would find this life boring, but for me it's the ultimate.... oh sure it would be great if I were independently wealthy and could buy what I wanted when I wanted it, but the way things are I think I appreciate things more. They're are more precious and valued because they are not easy to come by.

And I don't need big fancy things either. I find a lot of joy in the little things. Do you know we are getting our first crop of strawberries from the plants we planted last spring??? What beats a red, ripe, lucious strawberry picked from your own garden that very morning?

My husband loves me. My kids are healthy and happy. I am so blessed. And when I sit down to write about my life on my blog, all these little, mundane things sound so trivial and unimportant, but, oh! when you get down to it. This is what life is made of: the small joys and sorrows and challenges and blessings of everyday life.

So you'll pardon me if I continue to share all this seemingly inane stuff that makes up my life. These things are my treasures and more precious gifts are not to be found .

4 comments:

Lisa Steptoe said...

You forgot to mention the new goats...and the fact that you are the only one on the planet that still writes letters - which I LOVE to recieve and, while I'm slower at getting back - love to write a letter back, even if I already told you everything on IM or the phone.

I have never found your life dull. I planted a garden damn it cause of you.

Love you.

Diane said...

I have to agree with everything she said. Have you looked at my blog lately? I took a picture of our puppy and the cat sleeping together. How boring is that to everyone else?!! For me, it was one of those times when I felt the world was right. I think the life you live is fulfilling - never dull - and I'd give anything to be back in the country again! I love your blog!

Laura said...

Beautifully said, Terri...it's the small things that make each day special. For instance, we replaced our 50-year-old garage door yesterday. That wouldn't be big news to most folks but I smile at our nice new automated door every time I walk past it! We are very blessed to have happy, healthy families.

Best wishes,
Laura

Kether said...

This post made me So happy!!

and that relaxing spot looks fantastic.

I think you "have it all"