Saturday, December 20, 2008

I have been a little busy lately. Catching up on some things around the house....
Throwing a fit because my children's' version of picking up their mess and my version of them cleaning up their mess are 2 VASTLY different things.

How can children, who can spot a stashed Hershey bar through a cupboard door or a dime under a magazine at 50 paces NOT see the dirty socks, empty soda cans or old homework papers strewn around the room? WHY oh WHY does it take a red faced Mama screaming at decibel levels that are just short of a sonic boom to motivate them into actually believing that they should at the ripe old ages of 10, 12, 14, 16 and 17 CLEAN UP AFTER THEIR OWN SELVES?????GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Aren't these great treasures? I found them the other day at Amvets and the Buffalo Mission Thrift Stores. There were a few other things as well. I nice pair of sconces, some ribbon, a few books, a cake pan shaped like an American flag and a food processor. I love thrifting!

Then, yesterday we had about 6 to 8 inches of snow. I had to work...which was fine because school was called off and I got to drive the JEEP and I am not afraid to drive anywhere in my JEEP. But I was astounded that people were actually out shopping in this stuff. How goofy can people be? (The answer to that question is pretty darn!)

Last night we watched The Mummy 3. Badly cast, badly written and badly edited. Today I watched the remake of one of my favorite movies, The Women. Not horrible. Certainly no where near the original, but better then I expected out of Left wing Hollywood with the accompanying feminist values system.

Tonight, is Jimmy's 15th birthday party at Lasertron. I am taking knitting and a book and hopefully by 8 o'clock tonight, I will be home again, soaking in a hot bath while sipping a REALLY big glass of wine. What are you up to this weekend?

1 comment:

Lisa Steptoe said...

That little video was cute. Crazy people who shop in the snow...Crazy.

Got a job offer today. Base is dismal but the bonus potential is 2x what I used to make and I love this company...will be working with a West Pointer...I'll call you later with more details.