A couple of months back, Gillian and I were driving through the neighborhood and at the curb I saw a table. It was painted an unattractive shade of beige and one of it's legs had come off, which loosened the top and bottom shelf causing the top of the table to split.
It had lovely bones, though, so we stopped and picked it up and brought it home.
I took it all apart yesterday and stripped it with citristrip (http://www.citristrip.com/) and rinsed it with hot water. Then I had to leave it out to dry. When I get home today, I'm going to sand it and prepare the wood for staining.
I am really excited to see how this turns out! I think I may really have found something beautiful here! And I know just where I'm putting it!
More photos when it's all re-done!