Monday, February 04, 2008

Inspiration

It is inspiration week this week and I sat down and thought about who and what inspires me. There's no one answer. No one person place or thing that inspire me to do what I do. There are so many different things that really get me going.





Let's start with people first:
First and foremost of all human beings who were ever on earth, I think that the Mary, the mother of God is the person I wish I could emulate. She is the example of what a Christian woman should be. I know that alot of people have questions about the Catholic tradition of revering the Holy Mother. This link: http://www.holymothermary.org/ can explain it better then I can. I am providing the link so that people who have questions can find answers. Not to start a debate on my faith. So bear that in mind.

Next I have several "regular folks" who for various reasons lead extraordinary lives.
Their talents and achievements leave me breathless. I admire their accomplishments.
It's a varied list.

.


Tasha Tudor author and illustrator

Theodore Roosevelt author, statesman, adventurer and President of the United States




Claude Monet and Vincent Van Gogh

Both men are great impressionist painters.
Anne Morrow Lindberg poet, author and adventuress
Pearl Buck author and humanitarian
These are the people that inspire me. Tomorrow, I'll talk about books that have inspired me.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I must admit....you inspire me, my lovely!

P.S. Frog legs are considered "Pond-Food!"

Mary said...

This is a very inspirational post. I am intrigued by the life of Mary. She lived a difficult life. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to the books that inspire you.

Blessings,
Mary