Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Apples, Apples and more Apples!!




In our back yard at the house in the Finger Lakes there are 4 or 5 apple trees. Since our old tenants were moving out and our new ones hadn't moved in yet, Joe brought me home bags and bags of gorgeous, organic apples. We have been eating apples like they were going out of style!!











I was looking for something besides pies and apples sauce to do with the abundance and found these two recipes.
I think I'll try the apple crisp recipe for the kids' after school snack. And, hey! You gotta love a cake recipe that calls for good old Kentucky bourbon!





2 comments:

Paula said...

YUM! That apple bourbon cake sounds to die for. I may have to put that one in my oven this weekend...

Anonymous said...

Paula led me here... this looks so yummy! Thanks for posting the recipe. Mmmmmmmmm....