Wednesday, June 27, 2007

A Slice of Organic Life

An online group I belong to has a "question of the week". last weeks question asked if I was concerned about global warming or did I think it was a cyclical thing and nothing to worry about.

Honestly, I think it is a cyclical thing, but that doesn't mean that we as Americans and the world's biggest consumers don't have a responsibility towards caring for our planet. I believe there's a lot of things we could/should do to not only clean up the pollution that's out there, but to prevent the continuing destruction of our natural resources by our indiscriminate over consumption.

Today I read the book A Slice Of Organic Life by Sheherazade Goldsmith. Nothing really new or dramatic inside, but sensible fairly easy ways to save the planet and in many cases your pocket book as well.

From homemade, non-toxic cleaning supplies to growing your own food or at least buying in season and locally to reusing and refurbishing things instead of throwing them out and buying more, the book is jam packed with sensible suggestions for the tree hugger, the tightwad and the ordinary person trying to do the right thing.

No comments: