Friday, December 15, 2006

What is Christmas for?


What is Christmas for, if not imitating God and giving gifts?


On the way home today I was listening to NPR (yeah, I'm one of those geeky people!) and I heard about Kiva.org. The idea behind it is for private people to loan money to people in disadvantaged countries in order for them to build or start their own business. The average investment is $70, though you may contribute less.


We have so much, in this country. And here is an opportunity to have more!!! We can not only help someone to support themselves and their families, but we can become investment bankers!!! Think of that!


I will talk to Joe tonight and together we will go and see the portfolios of prospective business persons and see if we can help make a dream come true!!!! I feel tingly just thinking about it!

No comments: