Sunday, November 27, 2005

Sunday evening

I have had a lonesome day, with only my girl for company. Joe has been deer hunting and the boys were over at a friend's house making a movie (don't ask). I neglected to take advantage of the free time and was a total bum.

Thanksgiving was nice. We stayed home and had another family over for dinner. It's better with many people, don't you think? Joe smoked the turkey breasts and they were done to perfection. Then there was the mashed potatos and acorn squash, baked corn, rolls and pumpkin pies....yum! A true feast to celebrate all our blessings.

The next day it snowed and snowed until the ground was white and you couldn't see the grass anymore. The roads were icy, so we stayed in played pool and watched old movies. That was a lovely day, too. Everyone all together, laughing and enjoying each other's company. I really do have a lot to be thankful for and I surely am!

No comments: