Sunday, August 14, 2005

A new blog

A lazy Sunday morning and I've decided to begin a Web Log about my family. Not knowing who'll even want to read this, I figured at the very least I'll practice my writing.
We've owned our farm for 6 years now and this summer we put it up for sale. Almost immediately we regretted it. I think it's hard to return to town after having lived out in the country. We've signed a contract, so we're obligated for a few months yet, but I think we'll be staying put.
Up until now I have either homeschooled or worked, so have been unable to concentrate on the farm. In 2 weeks I will have finished with my job. In 4 weeks the kids will be starting school (public school this time) and I will try my hand at being a farmer!
It was always a dream for us to be somewhat self-sustaining....at least to the extent that we rasie our own food. And for the most part we've done this with varying degrees of success. My goal is to make the place a real success. Maybe even bring in a little extra income.
We have been so blessed in this life, I want to show my gratitude to God by doing my best for this family and this farm.

No comments: