Saturday, May 22, 2010

Darling! Where have you been????

Oh, I've been around. Between the weather being nice (most of the time) and the running around I have needed to do for the kids, and Joe, and the house and...well, everything. I haven't had much free time to blog.
I have been searching for sheds/minibarns for my yard and garden. Joe and I were wandering through BJ's a couple of weeks ago and found this shed. It's 7 X 7 and just perfect for what I need it to be. The price was so reasonable we got 2; one for the garden and one for the animals. It's just right!
Then we gave our above ground pool to some friends. I have been wanting to get rid of it for awhile. It just doesn't go with a Victorian house! We moved and enlarged my little fish pond and added a water feature AND brought my angel (who used to be a fountain) to the back yard. It looks so good! Don't you think? We are going to put in pebbles to make a patio of sorts. The rocks come in about 10 days. It will be so nice to sit out ther in the evenings and listen to the water flowing while enjoy a cocktail....Bliss!
Next, of course, is the garden. It is pretty big this year and is taking up a lot of my time. Watering it all takes half the day! Oh, but it will be so worth it come fall. Corn, beans, limas, carrots, cucumbers, eggplants, peppers, tomatoes, potatoes, blueberries, grapes, strawberries, rhubarb, horseradish, peas....all kinds of squash as well as a couple of kinds of melon. Yum!!!
One day I was out front working on a flower bed and realized that I hadn't seen our cat Jasper all day, so I called for him. I hear meowinf form under the porch...It wasn't Jas, it was this girl. She a young, recently spayed female. She followed me right into the house and hasn't left yet. That's been about a week. She is so sweet. We call her Bella.

The two youngest were confirmd. Matt turned 14. Joe turned 47. I was appointed to the library board of the local library. 2 proms are over (Jr. and Sr.). And now spring Camporee is done.

Maybe I'll start catching up with things this week, but I doubt it. Unbelievably it's nearly June and there's all the end of the school year activities to get through. Life is busy. Life is good.

What have you been up to?

1 comment:

Gena said...

You have been busy Terri! love the new shed! and that kitty is too cute! looking forward to hear more about your garden!