Sunday, November 11, 2007

Sunday morning

After several days of suffering from a nasty cold, when I woke up this morning I actually felt good! It was a beautiful, frosty morning so my Sammy and I took a little walk before the neighborhood woke up.



Back home again, I tried a recipe I found for yeast doughnuts. They were o.k. while they were hot, but definitly not do-overs. Joe says if you're gonna eat junk food, go for it and it good and greasy junk food! Next weekend we'll try some friend doughnuts.

We brought the gold fish in from the little pond outside. This morning we decided since we brought them out of the soup, their names will be Gazpacho, Borscht, Chowder and Paella ! That was Jimmy's idea, by the way...wasn't it a good one?
Now, I am making chili while Joe took the children to the family swim at the YMCA....Sure they are having more fun...but they're also missing the pre-game show on FOX....so....

3 comments:

Lena said...

I love the fish names! The raccoons ate all the goldfish that were in my pond. Last night there were two out there fishing for more. I have one big one in the house. He's a big fellow. I call him Jake. There used to be an Elmo, but he died recently.
I enjoyed this post Terri. It's given me a lovely, homely feeling.
Take care.

Anonymous said...

Love all the family pictures. These posts really help me feel connected to your family and I'm sure others feel the same way.

Diane H

Anonymous said...

Oh, I forgot to mention how much I enjoyed the fish names, too. What a brilliant child to come up with those names!!

Diane H