Monday, November 19, 2007

Monday. Monday. And some things from the day before.

Yesterday, I finally managed to fill and hang my spice rack. I am cyber challenged so it took me awhile to make the labels. Can you see the kitty in a dress eating mouse pie? LOL It made me smile!
Next, Sam and Alice needed baths. Not their favorite thing, but they were very good and only shook water all over me one time! Now they are ready to impress our company!
We got the leaves out of the front yard Saturday and the boys made a start on the back yard. I hope we can roast some marshmallows out there this weekend. Isn't the color on the maple tree breathtaking?

Joe had to go to Akron yesterday morning. Even when it's only overnight, I hate it when he goes away. Thank goodness he doesn't need to travel as much as he used to! He will be home before lunch today.


PoorJoey had to work again. I told him I'm looking for a really great Christmas gift this year! LOL
Ben had CCD. About 8:30 we were finally all home and watched Zoom with Tim Allen. It was cute but not great.

Today I begin scrubbing the house down in preparation for our Thanksgiving company. We are hosting the Steptoe Family ( A link to Lisa's blog is on my favorite blogs list at right). Whenever we visit Baltimore and stay with them we are treated like royalty and I want so much to return the favor! (Of course NOBODY hosts a "do" like Lisa! But I'll do my best! LOL)


I am baking bread and making Gingerbread leaves (I got this idea from Tracy at http://unlessthelord.blogspot.com/ ) I think I'll write peoples names on them and use them at place settings. The recipe is: Gingerbread Men:
3 cups (420 grams) all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoons salt
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated white sugar
1 large egg
2/3 cup (160 ml) unsulphured molasses
Note: To prevent the molasses from sticking to the measuring cup, first spray the cup with a non stick vegetable spray (like Pam).
I'll post a photo of the leaves when they are finished.

There are a million little things I want to get done and several more urgent ones. I wish there was a way to get them all done today, so I could relax on Tuesday and Wednesday, but you know that isn't going to happen. Even with Joe off tomorrow and Wednesday I may just have to learn to relax and go with the flow....it might take a couple of egg nogs, but I will try not to stress!

Well enough computer time for now. I have to clean out the refrigerator and make room for Thanksgiving treats!



5 comments:

willzmom said...

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me! I am enjoying your blog and I'll come by and visit again often. Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

Tracy said...

Busy, busy! Loved the labels on your spices.

Susie Q said...

You are so busy but all will be so much fun. I hope your holiday is perfect and that you will enjoy each minute with family and friends! Love the spice jars!!

I have enjoyed catching up with you here!! Have a sweet holiday!

Hugs,
Sue

Paula said...

WOW! The color on your maple tree is specktacular! Happy happy Thanksgiving.

Sue said...

I have enjoyed reading through some of your sweet blog. Have to get the day started around here but will return soon. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your lovely family.