Monday, November 12, 2007

Long Live The Queen


I know it's been out for awhile, but yesterday, I finally got around to watching "The Queen" starring Helen Mirren. It was wonderful!
It takes place during the first days after Princess Diana's death in a Paris car crash. I remember watching the queen's televised statement back then and remember thinking it was a little late in coming. This movie explains why.
It didn't change my opinion of the royals (I STILL think the Prince of Wales is a RAT) but I came away with an even better opinion of her Majesty then I already had. She's not perfect, but she is all class.
If you are interested in the royals and haven't seen it yet, maybe you should.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Terri,

When I was a child, Canada was a British Colony. We still support them in many things.

I have seen The Queen. Yes, she has class but I don't think she handled the situation well. However, she has been a great queen and I wish her all the best. I would prefer to see William step into her shoes instead of Charles. I think he should have abducated when he and Diana divorced. Old fashioned? Maybe, but remember Mrs. Simpson?

Please drop over to my blog and enter your name in my Christmas book giveaway.

Blessings,
Mary

Lena said...

I loved this movie, and thought Helen Mirren's performance was stunning. The entire movie was so well done. Quiet and reserved.

Anonymous said...

I've been wanting to watch this. Now I've got to make a real effort to do so.

Diane H