Saturday, September 15, 2007

Still working on getting a regular routine


The Daddy at Gilli's school open house
We've been in our new home just over a month now and I am still trying to get a routine going. Everyone is still looking for ways to find their happiness in this place. I have boys playing sports and other boys joining clubs. My oldest has a new job. Meanwhile, I am seriously suffering from library withdrawl (no pun intended) and have returned to working out a new Curves. I'm also the new 4th grade religious ed teacher in our parish! Even Joe is joining the local Rotary Club...we're all settling in.

Curves The local library

I have tried to be a better mommy and go back to baking homemade treats.
The last time I was in Penn Yan at The Once Again Shop I found this old copy of
Better Homes cook book. The sugar cookie recipe turned out PERFECTLY!
I've also been burning up the bread machine. I think I'll find something special to make for breakfast tomorrow...apple bread? Cinnamon maybe???

There is one thing I've noticed lately. The days are literally flying by! I turn around and it's time for the kids to get home from school. Maybe the fullness of my days is why time feels so fleeting. I could tell you what I do all day and you would say, "Well that's not so much", But somehow I'm busy all day long.

I've been prouder of my suppers lately too. I must admit that I have been pretty slack this summer and now I am getting back into the joy of making meals for my family and finding inventive ways to use up leftovers.

It seems so silly, I suppose, but I love it. I love being a SAHM. I think I have the best job in the world and I thank God every day for it.

2 comments:

Paula said...

Glad you're all settling in to your new place. You sound very happy. Wonderful!

Lena said...

I worked pretty much full time, from the time that I was 15 until I was 29, but then I stopped to stay home with my son, when he was born. I was so fortunate that I was able to that, and found it very rewarding. I miss my little boy days very much, especially this time of year, when everyone's heading back to school, and Open House.
Apple bread sounds perfect for this time of the year!