Sunday, July 08, 2007

Back to the Beach


Joe had to go back to Buffalo yesterday afternoon. So, the kids and I thought we would go back to beach for awhile (NY has the Empire Pass. For $59 you can enter any NY state park for free for a year), so we packed some supper and headed for the beach.

The weather was perfect. 80 and sunny. Sometimes we go and it's too hot to actually spend time ON the beach. But not yesterday. We staked our spot, unpacked and kicked back.

I brought my scrapbook to occupy me while the kids ran off to play with friends. Later, when it was dark there were some lovely fireworks. We didn't get home until after 10, but we had a lovely day. The only thing that would have made it better (I mean aside from me fitting into, oh, say, a size 6 bathing suit!) would have been if the Daddy had been there too.

No comments: