Saturday, June 16, 2007

A lovely afternoon


Ben and I worked at the library from 10 until noon today, but when we got home, Joe drove us (along with Jim, Matt and Gilli) to a local state park for a swim and a picnic.
It was such a nice day...mid 80s...not too hot...the beach was not too crowded....perfect! We packed a lunch (delicous subs and iced sun tea) and just celebrated being together (well, all but poor Joey who was slaving away at work!)
Joe also brought the kyak along. Matt has been begging to use it and he got his wish today. I had never tried it until today, and let me tell you, it's a blast! Those babies can really go!
Hope your Saturday was as nice as ours! Today is what a Saturday in June should be like and hardly ever is.

1 comment:

Paula said...

I want to come along! We had a very cold rainy spring and so far summer is following suit. Yes, I'm whining! Happy Weekend!