Friday, May 04, 2007

My Matty's Birthday



My baby boy had his birthday yesterday. He's another one of my children who just won't listen when I tell them they're growing up too fast!!!
We spent the evening watching him play ball. All of us went to cheer him on. Afterwards he passed out cupcakes to his team mates. He smiled plenty big when he recieved the game boy he had asked for, but, and here's the remarkable thing about this boy, his smile was even bigger as he shared the treats with his team. He lives to make other people's lives a little more pleasant. Imagine! At 11! This boy is incredible!
I love you Matty!
Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

Lena said...

Happy Birthday to Matty! I hope all his birthday wishes come true!
My son loves baseball and played for years and years until a shoulder injury forced him to stop in his last year of high school. Hopefully one day he will be able to play again, but it will take a lot of relearning muscle memory. We all miss those days of springtime baseball a lot, but still watch the MLB together as a family. It's nice to have such things to share.
I love the jacket you've made!

Lisa Steptoe said...

Happy Birthday Mattey! Don't tell anyone - but he is my favorite - so sweet and helpful.

I'm glad he had a great day.