Tuesday, September 19, 2006

My kitchen


The new house has a decent kitchen. I like the stove. The refrigerator is one of the cool ones with the freezer on the bottom and the dishwasher actually cleans the dishes! Woo Hoo!

I suppose, as in many households, the kitchen is the heart of the home. We eat there. The kids do their homework at the kitchen table. Our visitor come in and have coffee there. I sew there. Bake there and talk on the phone there. It is a room that sees a lot of use.

So, since we are spending so much time there I am determined to make it the most pleasant room in the house. I want everything about the room to say "welcome!" I want the smells wafting from my stove to make everyone come running asking, "what is that that smells so good?" I want it to be relaxing and soothing so folks linger over their coffee there. I want the warmth they find there to go with them when they leave and beckon them to return. I want to not mind spending half my life in that room mixing, stirring baking and serving.

The good news is: I think we're off to a good start

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Terri ~
I am so happy for all of you in finding this house. I agree that the kitchen is so important and yours looks very cozy. If only I could knock on your door and come in for a cup of tea and a nice long chat.

Hugs from Holland,
Heidi