Thursday, August 17, 2006

sweet quiet before dawn

I love having a big family and lots of animals running around and music playing and shouts and laughter and all the noise that goes along with all of that. But, there is a quiet time before the sun comes up when everyone else is still asleep that I enjoy as my own personal quiet time.

I rise early and let the dogs out. Then I make myself the first cup of coffee of the day. I bring my cuppa back upstairs and check my email. I say my prayers and ask God's blessing on my day and talk over my concerns about what's going on in my life. It's a peaceful few moments in a generally busy life.

I think everyone needs their few minutes of peace in their day. To refresh and recharge and to think their own thoughts without interuption. I guard mine jealously....until I hear a little voice say "Mommy, I had a bad dream" and then I pat the bed beside me a snuggle up close with my child and think how blessed I am to have the best of all worlds The chatter and the quiet. The together and the alone. My heart swells and I doze off again with an angel in my arms.

No comments: