Live a More Beautiful Life: 6 StepsInspired by The Wabi-Sabi House, by Robyn Griggs Lawrence (Clarkson Potter, 2004).
Simple SolutionFinding timeless beauty in our lives is so simple using this inspiring list of six easy steps found in “The Wabi-Sabi House: The Japanese Art of Imperfect Beauty” by Robyn Griggs Lawrence.
Take a moment to savor this inspiring list, and one-by-one integrate these suggestions into your life. Following these ideas, alone, will inspire your days to be more authentic and full of beauty.
1. Give Yourself Five Minutes of QuietDo this each day, and work up to more time bit-by-bit.
2. Visit a Flea Market No need to buy anything unless you want it; note what speaks to you.
3. Take a Daily or Weekly Walk OutdoorsNotice all that relates to the seasons such as the colors and light.
4. Make Something – AnythingMake something with found objects, objects from nature, a piece of pottery, or a painting. Place it in a prominent place and look at it often. Admire it.
5. Place One Flower, Branch, or Stem NearbyFind this outside your front door, place it in view inside your home, and every time you see it “admire its singular beauty,” as author Lawrence so aptly writes.
6. Create a Treasure AlcovePlace anything you want in this special place, from a stone to an inspiring book. Begin by replacing this treasure trove every season, then more frequently until you can change it every day.
Around the Blogosphere This Week
2 hours ago