Friday, May 12, 2006

when it rains it pours



Two weeks ago Joe gave notice at his old job. They decided to pay him off, so he started right away at his new job...4 hours from home. He now stays down state all week and comes home on weekends.

I have packed by myself for a move before, so I thought I could handle that. Then our eldest decided to blog inappropriately and somebodies mother saw it and called the enforcement officer at school. On Matthew's birthday I came home to a police car in the drive way and a deputy told me that I had to take him for a psych evaluation or he would arrest him and take him himself. Great.

They let me wait til morning. The evaluation determined that the boy is 15. So, I thought that the matter would be over. Nope 5 day suspension and a hearing to see if he could come back to school!!!! Now he's back in school, but evidently we're getting a probation officer. Wonderful.

Then the new van got recalled. Our dealership doesn't have loaners so I have to pick a day that I can sit at the dealership and wait. Great.

Then we got the new tax assesment. They increased our homes value by 90%. We just moved in in November. How can the reasonably raise our assesment that much???? GEEZ

Now my FIL is in the hospital. He's in critical condition and there's nothing I can do to help, but pray.

I don't know why, but everytime Joe goes away the sky crashes down and I am left to deal with everything myself. I am not good at this. I cry too much.

In my heart I know that "this too shall pass", but what I really want to do is run away from home. sigh.

Joe is supposed to be home in time for dinner tonight. Things will probably look better after that.

No comments: